The Official DC Asian Pacific American Film Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day Two

So many movies to watch, so little time! That's why I gotta say, dear readers (all 3 of you), that I gotta apologize for not posting to this blog as regularly as I should while I'm here. I know you all want to know what's been happening in San Francisco the past several days.

So far here's what I saw: "Blood Brothers", a John Woo-produced flick about greed and avarice set in 1930s Shanghai; a selection of satirical short films; "Princess of Nebraska," a Wayne Wang-directed movie based on a short film shot on handheld camera; "Behind Forgotten Eyes," a powerful documentary about comfort women forced to serve Japanese soldiers during World War II; and "Never Forever," a feature narrative by director Gina Kim about a woman who takes desperate measures to bear a child for her husband.

There's a ton of great films to watch this year at the SF Festival...and still more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home